Many people in Norman are eligible to file their taxes for free and can receive help preparing their forms through programs supported by the United Way of Norman and its partners. Taxpayers save an average of $200 in fees by using these services. Many people also find they are eligible to get money back from the IRS, through Earned Income Tax Credits, Child Tax Credits and other credits.
Every household with a simple return can file their federal and state taxes for free at MyFreeTaxes.com thanks to a partnership with United Way and Tax Slayer.
The website is optimized for mobile devices, allowing users to file right from a phone or tablet. There is English and Spanish assistance, including a phone line, email and chat support from IRS-certified specialists.
Face-to-face tax help is also available at Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites in Norman for any household earning less than $56,000 a year. The VITA site locations and times are below.
People requesting help at VITA sites will need to provide the following documents.
- Photo ID
- W-2, W-2G, 1099, 1099R, 1098’s
- Social Security cards and birth dates for all family members
- Health Insurance documentation (Form 1095-A, Form 1095-B, Form 1095-C or Exception Certificate)
- Last year's tax returns and income transcripts for IRS and State, if applicable
- Proof of bank account, routing and account numbers
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for ITIN
CSBI Building (1183 E. Main)
January 29, 2021 thru April 10, 2021
Households earning less than $56,000
Wednesdays and Thursdays
Appointments only from waiting list. Participants will be contacted to set up a time.
Fridays and Saturdays
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Click image to see larger