Many people in Norman are eligible to file their taxes for free and can receive help preparing their forms through programs supported by the United Way of Norman and its partners. Taxpayers save an average of $200 in fees by using these services. Many people also find they can get money back from the IRS through Earned Income Tax Credits, Child Tax Credits, and other credits.
Thanks to a partnership with United Way and Tax Slayer, every household with a simple return can file their federal and state taxes for free at MyFreeTaxes.com.
The website is optimized for mobile devices, allowing users to file from a phone or tablet—English and Spanish assistance, including a phone line, email, and chat support from IRS-certified specialists.
Face-to-face tax help is also available at Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites in Norman for any household earning less than $56,000 a year. The VITA site locations and times are below.
People requesting help at VITA sites will need to provide the following documents.
- Photo ID
- W-2, W-2G, 1099, 1099R, 1098’s
- Social Security cards and birth dates for all family members
- Health Insurance documentation (Form 1095-A, Form 1095-B, Form 1095-C, or Exception Certificate)
- Last year's tax returns and income transcripts for IRS and State, if applicable
- Proof of bank account, routing, and account numbers
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for ITIN
1183 E. Main Street, Norman OK 73071
Wednesdays and Thursdays February through April
Appointments only from the waiting list. Participants will be contacted to set up a time.
Fridays and Saturdays
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.