The Emergency Food and Shelter Program recently awarded more than $96,000 in federal funds to Cleveland County.
United Way of Norman acts as the local fiscal agent for these funds and convened a local group to disperse them.
This group consists of representatives from several local nonprofits, the City of Norman, faith-based organizations and other volunteers.
Funds were distributed to the organizations listed below.
The Salvation Army
- $25,000 for emergency shelter
- $5,000 for utility assistance
Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency
- $20,000 for rent assistance
Food & Shelter, Inc.
- $15,000 for emergency placement
- $16,260 for rent/mortgage assistance
- $10,000 for utility assistance
- $5,000 for emergency food