A Community Coming Together
Community Childcare Partnership
Norman Public Schools, United Way, Community After School Program, The Cleveland County Family YMCA, CCFI, and various other community partners have pooled their resources to provide childcare during the district-wide school closure. Enrollment space is limited and is open to NPS Elementary Students on a very LIMITED, first-come, first-served basis. We STRONGLY encourage all parents to utilize friends and family to care for each other’s children cooperatively as we anticipate the need being greater than the care we will have available. The number of children we will be able to serve is largely dependent on the availability of volunteers.
As we look at the possibility of the closure extending into the week of April 9, we are now accepting reservations for childcare for April 9-13 should the need arise. In order to continue to offer care, we will require a payment of $25/day per child to offset costs. Payments will be accepted day by day in order to avoid refunds if school resumes before the week ends
- WHEN: April 9-13, 2018, 7:30 am – 5:30 pm daily (assumes school will be out all week)
- WHO: Open to all NPS Elementary Students Grades K-5 (first-come, first-served basis by grade level)
- WHERE: Students will be assigned to a site by CASP staff.
- WHAT: Fun-filled days of large and small group activities including board games, arts & crafts, science, indoor & outdoor play, and group projects! Breakfast, lunch & snack will be provided.
- COST: $25/day per child
City of Norman/Schools Out Camp
- WHEN: Weekdays; 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- WHO: Open to all NPS Elementary Students Grades K-5 (60 Spots Open)
- WHERE: Twelfth Avenue Recreation Center – 1701 12th Ave NE
- WHAT: Day Camp Activities – Arts and Crafts, Gym & Outdoor Activates, Games and Snacks
- COST: $20/daily per student
- Register: Call 405.292.7275 to reserve spots
City of Norman/Open Gym
- WHEN: Weekdays; 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- WHO: Open to all NPS Middle School Students Grades 6-8
- WHERE: Irving Recreation Center – 125 Vicksburg Ave; Whittier Recreation Center - 2000 W. Brooks
- WHAT: Open Gym - Unsupervised
- COST: No Cost. No registration
Journey Church Have a Blast Days
- WHEN: April 9, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
- WHO: Pre-K to 4th graders*
- WHERE: Journey Church
- WHAT: Lunch & Snack provided each day along with worship, Bible teaching, games, and a movie each day
- COST: $5/day per
- REGISTER: www.journeychurch.tv/haveablastdays
*Children in grades 5-12 are invited to serve and will not be charged.
Sam Noble Museum of Natural History
- WHEN: Starting April 4, 8:30 am to 5 pm
- WHO: Children ages 5 to 11
- WHERE: Sam Noble Museum
- WHAT: Activities will feature games, crafts, outdoor fun and exploration of our museum galleries! Children are required to bring a lunch and a snack, labeled with their names.
- COST: $45 per day for each child.
- MORE INFO: http://samnoblemuseum.ou.edu/education-2/day-camp/
- WHEN: April 9 - April 13 from 8:30am-3:00 pm, we'll add weeks if needed
- WHO: PK-5th Grade with a limit of 35 children
- WHERE: Paradigm Church at Brookhaven Baptist, 4301 Country Club Terrace Norman, Oklahoma 73072
- WHAT: Come hang out in a safe and loving environment! All volunteers have current background checks and most staff are CPR Certified
- COST: $5.00 per day: This money will provide snacks and activities. Children will need to bring their lunch.
- Register: firstname.lastname@example.org w/ Name, Age and Food Allergies
Cleveland County Family YMCA
- WHEN: April 9-13, 2018 7:00 am-6:00 pm
- WHO: Currently Enrolled Primetime Afterschool Participants
- WHERE: Cleveland County Family YMCA 1350 Lexington Ave, Norman, Oklahoma 73069
- WHAT: Activities include fun games, crafts, swimming and field trips. Participants only need a sack lunch, swimsuit and towel. We take care of the rest!
- COST: $125- Members | $150- Community Members
- INFO: 405.364.9622
- Adams Elementary
- Eisenhower Elementary
- Jackson Elementary
- Jefferson Elementary
- Kennedy Elementary
- Lakeview Elementary
- Lincoln Elementary
- Madison Elementary
- Monroe Elementary
- Reagan Elementary
- Wilson Elementary
- Alcott Middle School
- Irving Middle School
- Longfellow Middle School
- Whittier Middle School
- Dimensions Academy South
- Norman High School
- Norman North High School
- Cleveland County YMCA
The ability to provide safe places for students in the event school is not in session will be largely dependent on the availability of volunteers. The Community Childcare Partnership is requesting volunteers to serve at elementary schools and other sites (YMCA and a local chruch).
In order to volunteer, you must be at least 18 years of age and your name will be searched through Joshua's list and OSCN.net in order to insure the safety of our children. Please complete the form below to sign up as a volunteer. You will be notified by a CASP representative of your volunteer schedule as soon as the schedule is made. Thank you for your support!